Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tropical Depression #1 - Here we go again.........

It's late and I was practically in bed when the dogs started barking. Now I have had the T.V. on VH1 Rock Honors and it was pretty loud and all three of my chow hounds sleep right through it. I get up turn off everything prepare to change when all three start barking. I'm pretty sure Cujo started it. I walk back into the living room I look outside both front and back I see nothing but by now all three are standing at the back door wanting to go out. I can simpithize they were couped up in the house all day long while the roofer was here but now there is the issue of debris laying all over the back yard and I have to be careful and watch the dogs so they dont step on anything like nails. The kids are spending the night with friends so I don't have to worry about them stepping on anything.......

So here I am it's 1:00 am I'm outside with the dogs barefoot trying to make sure they don't bark and disturb our neighbors or step on anything. I look up and there is a very pretty full moon with a rather large halo around it. Nice.....I grab my camera hoping for a shot which was no good on my little point and shoot. Where's the man with the expensive photography hobby? Asleep.

I finally get the dogs back inside. Cujo is being stubborn it takes me 10 minutes of conjoling to get him back inside. I'm wide awake now so I pull up google and see what superstition is attached to a halo around the moon. Great, it means rain so I pull up weatherunderground expecting a storm front and guess what? At 11pm our first TD has formed in the Gulf of Mexico west of Cuba... YEAH!!! My roof is still not fixed but it is getting there, my pool enclosure is lying in pieces in my back yard, I am on a list that is backed up 3 months for generator installation and I am having surgery next week. (See next post for info on that)

I still have not gone out and bought hurricane supplies because I thought it was way too early for this. We thought maybe August we would start seeing our first storms that we would have to worry about but this is ridiculous it's only June 10th and even though this storm looks like its headed for north/central Florida we will still get some weather and winds depending on how large it gets. The gulf is pretty hot and will get hotter as summer gets going. I guess I will be shopping in the morning and getting organized. I'm pretty busy the rest of the week. I have jury duty Monday morning and then I have to work Monday night so I guess I'll be stocking up now. I am so thankfully we bought a CBS house that has hurricane shutters built in.

No comments: