Monday, June 19, 2006

Surgery .......This might be too personal or gross for some readers, Sorry!!!!!

It' just after 5 am and I am wide awake. I tossed and turned all night and finally gave up around 4:30 am I guess I am stressing a little. My bag is packed and my clothes are laid out so I am basically ready to go. I know this operation is going to change my life and I am so looking forward to it. I get to spend the rest of my life free of a menstral cycle. I don't mean to be gross but for me it was more like hemoraging every month for 5-7 days or just all the time. The thermal ablation I had last year slowed down the flood but I am still not regular. I am not going to take hormones so this was the last resort so to say other than just putting up with it and/or taking iron pills the rest of my life. I still may have to take hormones if my doctor has to take out my ovaries but I am knocking on wood........

I finally have a handle on my anemia although I have to be careful. If I have a non-stop menstral cycle even though it is not heavy it still drains me, no pun intended. I know when I start to get anemic. It is amazing how you live with minor aches and pains most of your life and think nothing of it. When I realized that many of my symtoms where caused by anemia. I feel stupid I could have put a stop to the madness years ago if I had just paid a little more attention. I mean I knew I was anemic but I just never really understood what a toll it took on my body. So many minor health issues I have had over the last ten years including my lethargy and weigh gain all because of heavy and irregular periods.

Well today is the last day I have to put up with this. I have to be at outpatient at 6:30 and surgery at 8:00. I should be done around 11 or 11:30. I get to go home on Thursday barring any complications. The only thing I regret not doing is getting my living will notarized. I filled it out and I am going to sign it before I leave I know it is not legally binding but it is my wish and I expect my family to abide by my wishes if anything happens God forbid, just know that I love you all no matter what.

Anyway, I will not be able to Blog for atleast 4 days there is no wireless at Lawnwood so I am cut off. I hope I'll be able to use the next 2-3 days to read and write but that will depend upon how much pain meds I get. I am getting the little squeezie machine to self medicate so I might be unconscious a lot or just feeling really good and may not feel like doing anything at all. I guess I will see so everybody think of me and give a little prayer if you like I'll try to post a little on Thursday it I feel up to it................

No comments: