Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy Rainy Muggy Day

We had several squalls blow through today one nasty storm band brouhgt in some really gusty winds that knocked over a ladder and dumped several tools into the pool. It also blew one of the floats out of the pool and up against the fence. We dodged rain all day trying to get the roof ready for the aluminum guys. We need to get them here this week and finiish up if possible. Brian is our roofer he is an old friend of Freds from high school. He lucked out and ran into him the other day and Brian was nice enough to hepl us out. He only has a little bit left to do and he is done. Even nicer is the fact that he has a friend that is a handy man.

Our new handyman Craig is going to install our generator this weekend which means no more extension cords. He is also going to help us build our new walkin closet. We are moving the pool table into the den and the livingroom will be our greatroom. We are going to build a wall on the east end of the Florida room and that will be our computer room for a little while. When we can afford it We are then going to knock down the wall in our old closet and remodel the bathroom making it almost twice as large. It will feature a large whirlpool bath, a large walk in shower and a double vanity. I can't wait to get all done.

I am tired I too worked hard today. Yesterday the girls and I started pulling down the wallpaper in the Florida room they left me at about noon yesterday but I kept at it until later that afternoon. This morning I went back to work by myself and managed to finish around 3pm I think. I was still motivated so I started pulling the wallpaper down in my bathroom. It's now almost 10pm and I am tired and I still have a mess to clean out of my bath tub and the off the floor. I did not get it finished but I only have about a wall and a half to go. It looks so much nicer in there. I hated the nicotine stained yukky wallpaper. The girls want the wallpaper in there bathroom out too and I also plan on getting the nasty green wallpaper out of Warren's bathroom. I hate wallpaper.

I mentioned in my last blog that I am having surgery next week. I have opted to go ahead and have a hysterectomy. The surgery I had last year did help quite a bit but it did not fix the problem. I am no longer anemic but I am still not regular. My Doctor thinks I have DUB or Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding and because the ablation did not work my only other choise is a hysterectomy. I go in Monday for the procedure and I am suppose to be out of work maybe 6 weeks. My doctor told me if I behaved she might let me go back to work in 6 weeks if not she will make me take 8 weeks. I am kind of looking forward to the down time but I don't know how long I will be able to stay at home before I'll need to go back to work just to get away from home. I hope that makes sense........

Well I have to be up early I have jury duty in the morning and they will make me sit until after lunch atleast that's what they did last time. This is my 4th or 5th summons but this is the only time I have had to show up. I have either been on vacation or the last time I had a court date for 911 records the same day I was expected to show up for jury duty unfortunately I did not get that lucky this time.

No comments: