Saturday, April 05, 2008

April, A New Bginning!

Univeral Studios April 2008_2236a

This last week has kept me very busy. I took the week off to spend time with my family, catching up on badly needed chores and I ended up with more than I expected. Day one my husband was admitted to the hospital for a rapid and irregular heart beat. Five days later they released him. He is fine but they have him on blood thinners and have changed his blood pressure medicine. He has also stopped smoking, quit drinking alcohol and has limited his caffeine consumption. He feels better and we like him better this way.

Now during hubby's stay at the Holiday Inn at Lawnwood Medical Center, I took the girls to Universal Studios. We promised them at least two days this past week and actually made plans to stay Sunday to Tuesday possibly Wednesday depending on how much money we spent. We drove up early Monday spent the night and all day Tuesday at Universal/Islands of Adventure.

Univeral Studios April 2008_2181

I hated leaving Fred but he kept thinking the Dr. was going to let him go home and was actually looking forward to some quiet time. We left him the van and off we went. We had a good time. The girls walked my legs off. I ended up with blisters all over my feet.

Univeral Studios April 2008_2161grain

We made it home Tuesday night and Fred finally came home Wednesday morning. Life is getting back to normal. Elizabeth has decided to take Warrens old room and spent most of the week painting. She just finished last night and will be moving in this morning which is a good thing because Warren will be staying with us for a few months until he can get caught up on his bills. His last job did not work out. He starts a new job in Vero on Monday but until his finances are more settled he has decided to stay at home.

I just printed out my taxes - done. I painted my bathroom - done. I need to repaint my bedroom and the hallways of the house - hopefully done soon. I have not felt so good the last few weeks and even though so much has happened this week I think it has all happened for the good. There was a lot of drama here this past week as you can imagine. However, I am feeling better and I am looking forward to what the rest of the year will bring.

Univeral Studios April 2008_2190

No comments: