Thursday, March 06, 2008

I love Librivox.org

My daughter will argue that you can't get the same enjoyment from a book by listening to someone read it versus reading it yourself. I have gone around the block with her over this argument and it may not be the same but I still enjoy it maybe even more that actually reading the book myself. I am no longer tied down. I am mobile. I can go anywhere and still reap the benefits of reading. I have listened to more books in the last week than I have read in the last 5 years.

I have read/ been read 'Alexander the Great' and 'Peter the Great' by Jacob Abbott. 'Emma' and 'Sense and Sensibility' by Jane Austen, 'Poetics' and 'Politics' by Aristotle. I am currently downloading Anderson's Fairy tales and looking for more. I think 'A tale of two cities' is next. I never read it in high school. Regardless of my daughter's disdain I love Librivox.org I can read again.

No comments: