Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy Memorial Day

I did not crawl out of bed until after 9am, I love sleeping in. I love having the whole weekend off I do it so rarely. I love having my family home and spending time with them.

VH1 played heavy metal tribute all weekend but Fred worked so he tried hard to catch up on it today. He spent most of the morning with Elizabeth by his side on the couch watching and listening to music videos. I guess about noon he decided he wanted to barbecue so he and both the girls headed for Wallyworld for supplies. He bought hamburgers, hot dogs,sausage, chips, dip and pool toys. The dogs have pretty much destroyed what few pool toys we have left.

By 1 pm we were all in the pool. Fred and Beth pulled out our volleyball net and strung it across the pool after an interesting game of chase the volleyball around the pool and general horse play we retired to our lounge chairs. I think I lasted about 30 minutes maybe out of the water. The sun was hot today. By 3 pm it was nap time, I get to work tonight and I was tired.

I slept for about 2 hours the aroma of grilled food finally woke me up. I was bad I ate sausage dog and a cheeseburger then ran out the door for work. I was a little later than I usually am getting to work but I did make it. I was already turning red by the time a made it into the center. The word lobster was passed around by a few of my co-workers. My scalp is even a bit pink and sensitive to the touch. I hope it turns nice and brown I really hate to blister and peal. At 42 my skin is not as resilient as it used to be. I should be lathering myself under a ton of tanning lotion but I enjoy the sun too much and I love the look of a good healthy tan.

This weekend was so nice that having to come back into work and dealing with reality was a major shock to my delicate system by 9pm I had a tension head ache and my shoulder muscles felt as hard as rocks. The calls for domestics were about the same as any weekend but the severity was up a couple of notches. I took atleast 3 domestics in which the most information I was able to obtain was an address. They all called in on cells so of course I had no idea where they were in a few cases neither did the complainants. Did I mention that I love my job? Anyway the domestics tended to be open phone lines with the male and female screaming at each other with a friend or two mixed in for additional drama.

However the most common call we received tonight up until 11 pm was in reference to the Caribbean Carnival that was held at Lawnwood Stadium just approx 4 blocks from my home. I could hear the music most of the day from my living room and at times I could even make out a melody or too but it wasn't too bad. We could not hear it from the back patio at all. When I left for work the music was crystal clear from my driveway. If I had not needed to go to work I could have sat in my front yard and just enjoyed the music. Many of my neighbors including the ones across the street and immediately next to me called along with the rest of the neighborhood as the concert continued up past 9:30 pm. I was assured that it was loud earlier but now it was unbearable and it was bed time people have to work in the morning.......
Most people were nice but there were a few who called several times demanding we do something. Repeated calls and questions from the officers themselves were no help no one seemed to know how long the concert was suppose to go for. By 10:30 my head was pounding and we were assured they were closing down for the night. We easily fielded a dozen or more calls by the time they finally closed it down at 11pm. Since then it has been much nicer in the center, infact it is almost like a Sunday night nice and quiet.....................

No comments: