Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Do you remember Candies?

When I was a tennager, we all wanted to wear Candies. Candies were a very simple high heel pump that came in a variety of colors and styles. They were so cute. All my friends had them but I was not allowed to wear them nor could I afford them. So like many girls forbidden we borrowed them from our friends that let us and wore them when our parents werent around. Unlike other shoes you could not just slip them on and go, walking in Candies was an art. You had to learn how to walk in your Candies. In the late 70's we wore our Candies with very tight jeans and t-shirts. I loved those little shoes.

Now I am 42 and I dont wear heels unless I absolutely have to. My daughters and I went shopping this past weekend looking for the elusive shrug that they could wear with their dresses for their end of the year dances. Both have dresses with spagetti straps which are against dress code. Anyway we went shopping and I ended up buying myself shoes. I bought a black pair from walmart and then a little white strappy heel from Traffic. They reminded me of the Candies I wore so long ago. They are actually comfortable. I wore them to work tonight my toes are cold but they look good.

No comments: