Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It's raining

It has rained all day and we have a leak in our roof. It is in the Florida room and on the seam between the interior and exterior wall which means I don’t have to worry about drywall its all CBS. The wall paper is falling off but we had planned on removing that anyway. The ceiling however is already beginning to stain there is a small brown spot in the corner which will grow I’m sure into a large stain as it continues to rain.

My mother dropped off a tarp last week which is now a good thing since I will be needing it to cover my damaged roof. Thanks Mom. I guess the next thing we do is call a roofer and get an estimate and get it fixed before we have to start replacing the ceiling. So far no other leaks have been located knock on wood.

We still haven’t finished cleaning up the back yard FPUA did not show up so I still have a tree lying on our electric line in the back yard. My pool looks great Sean – pool guy came today and cleaned out all the leaves and set the creeper back up, except for a few stray leaves floating on top of the water the pool itself is clean and blue again. It just wont stop raining long enough to enjoy it. Fred's off tommorrow so I am sure he will be back there cleaning up what he can unless he is on the roof nailing down the tarp. We will see.

I get to see my Dr. in the morning. I called out sick my third day in a row. I think I have taken 5 sick days this year that is a record for me. I used up all my sick time 10 years ago with the birth of my youngest Erin. Since then I have accrued over 500 hours of sick time. I plan on using a few more hours until I have my surgery. I feel better this evening than I have in the last couple of days. I think I have less stress. I have resigned myself to the fact that I just need to stay home and take it easy. Work will get along without me just fine while I try to get better.

Erin was selected as a Lynx Leader for responsibility for her work as Captain of the Safety Patrol and Beth has to do the opening announcement for the Honor Roll ceremony at her school both events are tomorrow. I will go to Erin’s for as long as I can. Her program starts at 9:15 my Dr.’s appointment is at 9:45. Beth is on her own. She was so funny tonight she stayed up late because she had to wash clothes so she had something nice to wear in the morning. She went over her speech twice this afternoon to make sure she had it right. She is so nervous but she is really a fine speaker.

My children I love them to death I am so blessed to have had wonderful children. Don’t get me wrong they are not perfect my son skips classes. He sleeps through his alarm. He flunked his English class last semester and is fixing to flunk it again. My Beth is a hypochondriac and Erin is a cry baby but if that is all I ever have to put up with I will be ecstatic. None of them are straight A student’s but they hold there own. They do have morals and a great deal of common sense and sometimes that is more important than the highest IQ. Remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity. I know I live in St Lucie County and we have some of the smartest loonies around or is it we have the most. I dont remember.

No comments: