Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Getting Ready for Turkey Day

I have been shopping all morning picking up last minute items for home and work. I have to work this year so we are all preparing a dish for dinner on our shift Thursday night. I am bringing a ham. For some reason no one wanted Turkey. I picked up a nice 8lb spiral cut from Sam’s and I was thinking about using a champagne glaze on it. MMMM I can’t wait.

Because I have to work Thursday we are planning on celebrating our Thanksgiving on Friday. I bought Fred a 20lb bird last week and he is going to brine it. He is making sour dough stuffing, green beans, sweet potato pie, and banana pudding. I think I will make some yams and either buy some corn on the cobb or make a large salad. We will be eating left overs for a month.

Shit! I forget to pick up a couple of bottles of wine and cider for the children……. I guess I need to run back the Publix after all. The stores are packed so I know I will enjoy another shopping trip. Sam’ was a night mare. I had to park in the back 40 and walk 2 miles to the store. (Well maybe not that far but it seemed like it!!!!) I purchased what I needed and bee lined for the check out which was thankfully not that long. Back home by one o’clock so I can clean my house then go to work. I get to work all week. Nothing like getting lots of overtime on a holiday check, it will basically pay for what little Christmas shopping I have left. My children mostly just want cash and to go shopping.

I have a supervisor’s workshop (Yuk) at 4pm and O.T. to work until 1am, Lucky Me.

No comments: