Thursday, November 03, 2005

Friday is the big day

My doctor’s appointment was short and sweet. My RBC was 8.1 yesterday not good because I have been taking mega doses of Iron and it should be up not down. Dr LH had her nurse schedule my out patient surgery for Friday. She did not want to wait any longer seeing as how I am damn near close to a blood transfusion. She will probably have to give my a little blood before surgery at this rate. I feel like such a vampire.

I spent all day at the Outpatient Department at Lawnwood filling out paper work, giving blood, urine and getting a chest X-ray all prep for surgery. I am having what is called an Endometrial Ablation and a DNC instead of a hysterectomy. This should take care of the problem and if it works I will never have menorrhagia again ever ever!!!! If it doesn’t work I get to have a hysterectomy but I really don’t want to even think about that at this time. I have two friends at work that have had the procedure and are very happy with the results. I read the studies and there is only a 2% chance that the procedure won’t work. I have my fingers crossed. Friday 7:30 and I’m done.

Wish me luck!

No comments: