Saturday, January 27, 2007

St Augustine

 


There is nothing like a little time off from work and life as we know it. Fred took off Tuesday to visit his grandparents in Tuscaloosa while I stayed home and with girls so they would not miss a week of school. Friday being a half day we ditched and met Fred in St Augustine for an extra long weekend, we plan on returning sometime Tuesday.

We spent most of the afternoon downtown in the historic district near the main gates. We had dinner at a place called O.C. White’s recommended by a vendor. I was not impressed. Fred and Elizabeth seemed happy with their meals. They had seafood. Erin and I had steak and it was a little bland. I hate to say this but beef without kosher salt is dull. Erin and I both liberally covered our meat in table salt and it was better but still not what I wanted. Bread was served barely room temperature. Baked Potato over cooked and the vegetables were bland. Even the peppercorn sauce that my food was smothered in was a bit plain. The pepper corns were the only thing I tasted most of the time and I lick pepper but damn.

We returned to the motel and relaxed in front of the T.V. until about midnight. We planned on taking the midnight ghost tour but it was so cold we surrendered and went to Denny’s for a mid night snack, back to the room and to sleep. Another brain storm was to get up earlier about: 5:30 am and take sunrise pictures of the Castillo de San Marcos, awesome. It’s past 8:30 and my husband and children are still snuggled up in bed. I turned on the T.V. to get the weather report. It is 37 degrees outside. We all rolled over and went back to sleep for some reason we are really adverse to cold weather. It is suppose to rain tonight. Yeah……..

No comments: