Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

It is hard to believe that it is 2007. I probably say this every year but I can’t believe I have made it this long. The world was supposed to implode; we would be invaded by aliens, the second coming of Christ, or when Florida and California both sunk back into the ocean. I have a few more but at 42 I don’t think I want to tempt fate too much.

I celebrated New Years by sleeping all day. I never left the house and vegetated. Fred and I had a nice long conversation and I think we will be able to finally get through this little hic cup we’ve been having. My life is not perfect by any means and I hesitated to write anything at all about my marriage but then again most people have no problems bragging about how good one’s life is so why can’t we talk about what is not right. Fred and I usually get along well enough we have much in common but we are also very hard headed. Sometimes that gets in the way but I am hoping we are beyond that now at least on this current incident. There will always be new things in our future that we will disagree upon.

I was up early this morning and went straight to Home Depot. I love Hope Depot. The girls and I wandered through the garden area searching for plants for the back yard. We found nothing. It is still too early. I want 2 Don Juan rose bushes to plant in the back yard and it is time to pull up the pineapples. Only one plant actually produced fruit but we have a sneaky suspicion Cujo tried to play with it because we found it knocked over last week. Cujo likes his toys and I can believe he thought the pineapple was there as his personal chew toy. You’d be amazed at what that dog will chew on.

Anyway I bought 2 bags of top soil and 6 more bags of mulch. I am trying to repair and fill in the trenches that my dogs seem to enjoy digging. To look at some of the holes you would think they were trying to dig to China. I think it was 2 weeks ago I used the mulch technique. It has not completely stopped the digging but it has slowed them down. I fill the hole with mulch and they are less likely to dig in that spot again. Today I made and new flower bed and mulched around the back door. The dogs are dragging in so much dirt it is unbelievable. I may have to mulch the entire back yard………….maybe not but it was a thought.

Shopping later on this afternoon and some minor cleaning will finish out my day. The kids go back to school tomorrow so I will have the house to myself again. This also means no sleep for me for the next two weeks. I go back to day shift on the 17th month; I am looking forward to getting back to a regular schedule. It will be nice to be able to sleep all night. It’s the work that will suck. I get to go back to the rat race of day time life the only thing good about day shift is it goes by pretty quick.

No comments: