Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Raging Hormones and 911

I can not work the 911 lines for too much longer. I worked all weekend. I am feeling better but I still get tired easily and my hormones are raging. I have spoken to more crazies this weekend than I care to. I swear it was a full moon or something. We had our regulars and some newbies. I talked to at least 2 drunk abused crying men. One drunk man just got married that day and his new wife beat him up after his x-wife called to ask him a question. Needless to say he went to jail. I think it was because the new wife looked more beat up than he did....... you will have to read the report for more information on that one.
We had fights and domestics and at one point I snickered out loud which is a big NO NO. The only problem with that is I wasn’t laughing at him, his situation was not humorous, it was his location that caused my mirth. It was more of an "Oh My God" not another call from this place. Live Oak Apartments in Fort Pierce, we were there all weekend. If it wasn't kids loitering in the parking lot they were fighting in the parking lot or inside the apartments. We had several domestics all alcohol related I am sure. Here it was Monday morning time to get up and get ready for work and we are getting another call for service from this place. I thought it was .......... funny??? I snickered and so I got yelled at. I deserved that one.
At the very end of a 36 hour weekend it is 6:45 I should have left already; I get a 911 call from an irrate inconsiderate stupid stupid female who calls me a racist bitch. She was yelling at me and lying to me about what was really going on and when I called her on her inconsistent story she ruded me out and hung up on me. Here is where the raging hormones come in. I left work in a very agitated state. Now people don’t think about this but I know where you live I have your phone number and I know your name. With this little bit of information I can get your DL and any vehicle information you have. I can get your SSN and get on the internet and for a small fee get whatever information I need to make your life even more miserable or worse. Thank God I am not that kind of person but at that moment I was seeing red and all I wanted to do was go to her address and rip her eyes out. It is not like I have never been exposed to angry people who abuse the 911 system and its employees but after 3 days and birth control pills I was at the end of my rope.
People just don’t get it, we are accused of being rude and inconsiderate but when you call because you neighbors dog is barking I don’t care but I will take your information and send someone out. Again I don’t care. I work all night and sleep during the day. I am tired I sleep, the dogs don’t bother me nor do the roofers or garbage trucks or the sirens. I don’t care that your neighbor has his work truck parked on the grass I don’t care it is not an emergency and you should not even be calling 911 but that is how it is set up. I am not customer service I do not have to be nice to you. I do however have to get your proper information as quickly as possible so that when the phone rings again and it is someone dying I can try and help them.
Thank you for letting me vent.
My husband is an intelligent man and saw my raging hormones coming a mile away. He let me vent when I finally made it home that morning. Then he told me he had already prepared the children for whatever kind of emotional psychotic outburst I may have at home. Everyone is behaving and I get lots of hugs and kisses. Even my son has stopped long enough to asked me how I am and tell me that he loves me. So far I have cried a little but other than that I seem to be okay and I no longer want to scratch out eye balls. My house is still a mess but I have plans to try and remedy that today. I have carpets in the washer and I made my bed. Time to stop for breakfast and add a blog entry. Next I will fill up the mop bucket and sweep. I plan to do this in sections. One room at a time with several breaks in between.
Wish me luck!

No comments: