Saturday, October 08, 2005

I hate being sick

I have been ill for over a month now. I hate being sick. I have had to call out sick from work twice and turn down several overtime spots. I work 12 hour shifts but have only been able to work 8 at the most this last week.

I am anemic. I have had the dreaded female problem since 9/2/2005 almost non stop. Yesterday I was finally able to get in to see my Doctor. This is after 2 visits to the Nurse Practitioner and an Ultra Sound. My RBC is 8.5 normal is 12 or higher, Dr. told me if I was 7 or lower I would have been a good candidate for a transfusion. Lucky me. I am now taking birth control pills and perscription Iron pills for the next three months. In January I have to have an out patient procedure, but only if my RBC is back to normal. I will not get into details on the procedure other than to say it will make life so much easier if it works. If it dosent work I may consider having a Hysterectomy. Fred has already voted no on that one, but we are still early in the game and up until now I have been fairly healthy.

Not much is going on right now I still have no energy. I don't go any where but to work or drop and pick up kids from school. The last time I went to the grocey store I thought I was going to pass out. I still have a hard time just walking from onside of my house to the other. Taking the dogs outside to pee sends me to bed for a 3 hour nap. I am hoping these new Iron pills do the trick. I am tired of feeling exhausted all the time and my house is a mess. I have not decided which is worse.

No comments: