Sunday, October 23, 2005

Count down to Wilma

It has been a long weekend. In bed by 7:30am back up at 11:30am. I guess I was too wound up to sleep. Fred has been working 6am to 6pm since Friday until further notice. SLC EOC was activated today at noon. Bedrolls and overnight bags line the hallways and people are all over the place. Channel 12 has their satelite truck parked outside along with an RV. They were here yesterday camping out. The phones are not too bad. Most people are calling the information lines set up so we are not swamped with stupid calls. We did have a few this morning early but we refered them back to those info lines when they opened at 8:00am. My shift is happy we missed the bullet, we are out of here at 2:00am. Day shift next rotation drew the short stick and have to cover the storm. I will be asleep. Yeah for me.

At home, I spent all morning moving patio furniture and putting muy orchids in the shed. The tangerine tree is full of fruit this year I hope it survives the wind. My florida room is in shambles. If I could not put it in the shed it went in the florida room. The girls and I cleaned up the yard of most the big debris and closed up the shutters on the house. Then the girls bailed on me and went in the pool. It was a little hot today. Humidity a little high. I cleaned the kitchen and swept and mopped. Played a little WOW. Took a shower came to work.

Fred and I passed each other he came home and still had to get on the roof and cap the vents and put the battery in the generator and ground it. If he can get it running we will use extension cords to keep the freezer and refridgerator going and maybe a fan and the T.V. but thats only if we lose power. We may have a guy coming over tuesday to hook up the transfer box to the electric panel. He came over and took a look at the generator today and said he could hook us up no problem advised it would be a 4-5 hour job but it was no problem. I have my fingers crossed.

Fred just called generator runs great once he figured out how to turn the gas on. Yeah! Will post pics tommorrow afternoon.

No comments: