Friday, August 18, 2006

Just how picky is Goodwill?

Apparently Goodwill Industries has very high standards when it comes to used furniture. I thought my furniture was very used but not necessarily as junk. The livingroom furniture is ugly and faded but it is not torn nor stained. The dining room table has seen better days worn and chipped but nothing broken and still very sturdy. Coffee table and end table in good shape but the glass tops are missing and I no longer replaced the glass because several members of my family cant keep their fannies off the furniture. I was told that they would not be able to resale my furniture because it was too used. I am almost embarrassed however I was warned in advance that they probably would not take anything that was to old or too used and they were right so much for trying to be charitable.

I am thinking about calling the Salvation Army or maybe PAL or Mustard seed. Maybe my furniture is not too used for them. I guess I'll call Monday and if I don't get any takers I guess all my old stuff will go out to the curb on Tuesday.

O Well............

No comments: