Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ernesto

 Posted by Picasa

What an incredibly long day. It was raining when I got up this morning but stopped by the time I left for work. We had a few feeder bands blow through the area today and we are expecting more rain this evening but the rain amounts are nothing like the forecasters predicted.  Phone calls into the 911 center were few and far between. We spent much of our day gossiping and telling tales about each other, if the walls could talk we'd all be in trouble. The domestics actually did not start until this afternoon and we only had one minor traffic accident on I-95. We had several loud noise complaints and I don't know how people manage to leave so close together.  I had one guy call in because the neighbors kids were in the back yard playing and listening to the radio.  Nice neighbor.........

Tommorrow the kids go back to school and life goes back to normal more or less. Eric's wake is Friday evening and the funeral is Saturday at 9am. My weekend is pretty much planned for me.
The department is giving him a funeral with full honors which is wonderful but very long and very sad. I hate bagpipes and the last 1007 radio transmission it always makes me cry. 

No comments: