Sunday, August 27, 2006

I will miss you Eric.........

We suffered a great loss on Friday morning with the passing of a good man Eric Pierre-Jerome. I did not see him often but when I did he always had a smile on his face and was never too busy to stop and say hello. I had the pleasure of working with him on the other side of the radio. Eric was one of my favorite officers. When I heard his voice on our off channel, I always used the opportunity to give him a hard time. It would not be to many minutes afterwards that he would give me a phone call and return the favor. He often talked about his girls and having 2 of my own about the same age we always had stories to swap about our families. I will miss our conversations I wish I had talked to him more often.

Eric was a good man, and a good police officer. He always talked about his wife and children- he was a good father. I can not imagine a world without him. My sympathy goes out to his family. I can not imagine that kind of grief. I can not imagine my own girls growing up with out their father and I can not even begin to try to understand their loss. I pray that God gives them the strength to help them get through this loss. Eric will be sorely missed by every one who know him.

No comments: