Sunday, August 13, 2006

Disappointing Yard Sale

Since I have had so much time off I planned on having a garage sale the last weekend of my sick leave. My garage is packed with stuff we no longer need or want and it is time to get rid of it all. I have furniture, clothing and tons of books easy stuff to sale you would think. I am not asking for a lot at least I did not think so and I like to bargain as much as any body. So far the most fun I had was haggling over sheets with a Haitian woman. She drove a hard bargain but she was happy when she left and I made room for something else to sell.

Friday was so sad; I made all of $19. Saturday after sweating my ass off all day I made $50. I had hoped to have at least made several hundred by the end of the weekend and cleaned out my garage. I still have a complete living room set neatly laid out in my driveway. My 3 pieces wicker set I thought would sell immediately still sits outside with stuffed dolls lounging on it. Example: She spilled coffee on her tan pants yesterday this is tan coffee on tan pants.

“Mom?” (in a panic) “Will this stain my pants?”

“No Erin it will rinse out in the washing machine.” Fred and I both say at the same time.

She is the neatest one of my three and her clothes reflect that. Beth my goth her clothes are ripped and torn and Warren - he wont let me in his room to look for anything.

We’ll I just sold my wicker set for $60 and a lady and her girls just stopped by and are very interested in my living room set. It is a shabby sheik floral – gold, green and red. She doesn’t think it will fit in her living room but she said she will be back. I love having wireless and a laptop. I love the Sunday morning church crowd maybe I will get rid of all this stuff after all.........

No comments: