Thursday, April 13, 2006

Trying to get back into Midnights

I used to love midnight shift but it seems as I get older the less night shift likes me. I feel so busy when I am working the day rotation it never seems like there is enough time to do everything I need to get done. It's been almost 2 weeks and I am having a horrible time adjusting. My sleep habits are all screwed up I can sleep for 4-5 hours then I'm wide awake. It has been even harder because I am working a radio and I have to stay awake and alert. It's also been a little busy. I have not had a lot of time do do any of the chores I had planned.

I still have not finished the baby quilt for my friend Annie and she is due any time now. I have two more corners and I'm done. I am hoping I can finish it tonight. (wishful thinking)

I have not stayed on my diet but I have started several times. I am having a serious problem with coke and fired chicken and some minor issues with chocolate.

I have written a little bit but not much and I am not happy with the way the story is going. I am to be waiting for that light bulb to go off and I am afraid I will be waiting awhile.

Repairs on our house are going slow and it is a little scary with hurricane season only a few months away. The roof was suppose to be done by now it's not. The screen porch company told us the patio should be up before the first of May but we have not heard from them either. I hate waiting.......

I think we have finally decided to get rid of the Yukon. We really cant afford it anymore the gas is ridiculous and our house insurance and taxes went up almost $200.00 a month and we need to down size so to say. My sister has my travel trailer now and I really don't have a good reason to keep it and the fact that I like driving it is just not getting the bills paid.

We have had an interesting week so far, Beth had her honor roll presentation it was short and sweet. Afterwards Fred and I went and looked a a few new construction models at Tradition in Port St Lucie as a lark. We just wanted to see what the houses were going for. After being treated for shock, we quickly left and gained a new appreciation for our home. We looked at a 3bed 2bath with a mother in law apartment that was selling for $419,000.00. The construction looked sound but I saw a lot of cosmetic issues that concerned me and Fred noticed that they were using Styrofoam for trim around the windows and decorative molding then sprayed stucco over it. These are zero lot line properties - deed restricted - no thank you.

And then there was the Immigration protest on Monday, it was huge more than a thousand people showed up to protest here in Ft Pierce. We only love 3 blocks from the county commission offices and that was ground zero. Protesters march all the way to US1 and back and they were noisy but peaceful. Fred went over and he took some pretty good shots, he is an awesome photographer.

This weekend should be busy I will be out shopping with my girls. They both have dances in May that are semi formal and they both want to design there own gowns and I get to make them. We will be shopping for patterns, material and shoes to match. My ladies are growing up too fast. Fred and I were looking at old pictures of the children when they were small and we both teared up. They will be grown and gone before we know it unless they are like their brother Warren and then they will probably never leave home.

No comments: