Monday, April 03, 2006

April Fools Weekend

It seems that we have all survived the weekend again. I did work several hours friday but I was home when Fred came home for lunch and had plenty of time to pick up Erin from school. We orderd pizza for Friday night and Beth went to the Firehouse to hang out with her friends. After eight days straight of 911, all I wanted to do was sleep. I passed out not too long after I picked up Beth at 10pm. I was surprised I lasted that long.

Erin was up late, she was planning her April Fools surprise on her sister and brother. She started with Warren just before he left for work. Her father told her the best joke is the one that never happened. She had him all upset before he walked out the door. Then we cleaned his room and waited. Erin was back up by 8am setting up Beth's room. She laid out plastic wrap and spuirted chocolate sauce on it. However when she tried to get her up by thrown snap rocks at the foot of her bed Beth just yelled at her and went back to sleep. Warren came home not too long after that grabbed her and drug her outside and threatened to throw her in the pool if she did not tell him what she did to his room. I had to run outside and make him stop just in case. They were both giggling butyou never know with those two. Beth finally woke up to the chocolate mess and they both cleaned it up with out incident. We all survived Friday morning.

We made it to the Market about 10am but we did not stay too long because of the heat. They area is so tightly packed with booths and people the breeze never had a chance. They have Indidna River Drive tore up and the arts and crafts area was not in its usual place, we found down it by the community center right on the water. It was nice. We went to Home Depot then to Walmart picked up groceries for the next couple of days and went home and unloaded. My chores were done.

Fred and I had decided Friday that we needed to go out by ourselves, We had Warren drop us off at Archies on the beach about 6:30 Saturday night. We had beer and Chicken wings and visited with other patrons we knew including 2 police officers that showed up for a call about rental property the owner had. (Not even important enough to talk about.) We sat there for a while then walked down to the Jetty Bar and had a few drinks and just talked and hung out. We had Warren pick us up at 9pm played some WOW and then to bed. We had to get up early for Fred's Shift party Sunday.

We did not get up early and we were in no rush to get moving Sunday morning. Fred had to make Mac-n-cheese and Banana pudding for the party and it took longer to get it made than he anticipated but we finally made it around 2pm. We were suppose to be there at noon better late than never. We had a decent time. Erin fished with the boys Beth never left my side and Fred made the rounds chatting with his shift mates. Jay was there with his wife Amy, he used to work at 911 still part time as far as I know was there with shrimp clams and rock crab claws. I ate as much shrimp as I could before I was too full, UUMM grilled on the barbie shrimp!!!!!!!! The party started to wind down around 5pm and we just chilled the rest of the day. Good food friends and great spring weather made a very nice afternoon, we had no choice but to come home and do nothing for the rest of the day............

Today I had plans to do chores, the back yard needed to be cleaned up. I slept late and Fred slept in even later. I think its safe to say we played WOW all day except for the nap we took around 3pm I was on my computer all day. Tonight is my first night back on midnights and for some reason I am dreading it, maybe its just work period I dread. I guess we will see.

No comments: