Friday, April 28, 2006

Dan Brown's Angels and Demons

I finally finished it last night. I enjoyed it very much. Dan Brown is a good writer and I had no problems keeping up with the plot no matter how outrageous it became. Dan Brown has a talent for telling tall tells. I had no problems believing all the events in the story at some point in time could be true. He makes a very logical argument. His use theology, legend, history and facts tells a rapidly paced story that is hard to pull away from. I loved racing from one clue to the next that took the reader from one side of Rome to the other. I loved reading about the masters and there art. I learned much and I encourage all to read this book not just because it is a good read but also because it is packed so full of knowledge that the average reader never really gets. I enjoyed reading about Vatican City and some of it's inner daily routines and politics.

I only had a few problem with the book. I did not like how Mr. Brown turned the good guys into the bad guys and vica versa.......I'll admit an interesting twist....

I also had a problem with the climax, it did not feel right and trying to convince my mind that spiritual intervention was the hero in a book that lays open the christian faith so bare to the bone really threw me off. No matter how much factual data there is in this book trying to explain it i know that when a human falls out of the sky hes a pancake and if he lives by some twist of faith hes not walking out of the hospital an hour later bumming a ride from one of the nurses.

No comments: