Thursday, September 17, 2020

 

My Planting Method


    Since moving to the farm, I have listen carefully and taken the advice of the family that has lived and farmed here all their lives. I am very familiar with the sandy loam of south Florida. I knew how to grow in that but now I was challenged with growing in the red clay of central Alabama.
    I start my melons late but I still believe I can have a harvest before it gets to cold but we will see. My seed came up quickly and grew nicely in their pots but it was time to get them into the soil for some real growth.

My planting method is pretty easy.

Dig a hole the approximate size of the potted plant.
Add about a quarter cup of 13-13-13 fertilizer
Add water
Plant
Cover plant with soil leaving a depression around the plant for water.
Water plant
Done.
 
See more at my Youtube channel for my planting method along with my coyote story.
 
 

 

No comments: