Friday, September 18, 2020

 

I have an electric fencing addiction.


We have terrible time with the deer. They will eat everything we grow if we let them. This is my first spring here and I can vouch that the deer will eat anything and everything to a naked stalk. Out tomato harvest was pitiful because every time we would get a pretty tomato plant going the deer would decimate the tops to nothing. I have accidentally discovered that deer are weary of netted electric fencing. We have had more luck protecting are delicate plants from these garden scavenger than anything else we’ve tried and the list is long.


Once we put up the electric netting around our plants most of the destruction has stopped and we were able to get a few nice tomatoes before it became to hot. Now I find I need more of this glorious deer repealing fence so we have invested in more almost electric fencing. My original purchase of 200 Feet of fencing was to keep my dogs contained while we adjusted to our new life in the farm. I never would have believed that the investment in another 400 feet would be used to keep deer out of my garden but I am. 

                                      

I know I will buy more in the future that is inevitable because I want to raise more animal. However right now I will have to be content with what I have.

Watch my latest YouTube video for the full story. 



No comments: