Sunday, December 04, 2005

My Laptop Died

This is how luck works in my house.

My husband went out on black Friday and scored himself the $378.00 Dell computer Walmart was selling. My son who is employed by Walmart gets a 10% discount and was given another 10% discount on any 1 item. My husband purchased to laptop for $321.00. Its a nice little system he is very happy - he better be it is his Christmas Present. I almost made him wrap it and put it under the tree for Christmas Day. I am now glad this was just a hollow threat.

I am now using his computer. The other night at work my computer started locking up and then blue screened on me. I immediately started backing up files. When I came home Fred did a diagnostic and concluded my hard drive was toast, on that same day my 1/2 gig of ram showed up. I did not think this was funny but my husband got a chuckle out of it. My new hard drive should be here soon. New hard drive, new ram and my new chill pad and I should be good for a couple of months.

I was really having a hard time with WOW and Ventrilo. My computer bogs down so bad it locks up and/or reboots. I have a notion that all the problems I have been having are all been related to the hard drive malfunction and I have spent all this money for no reason at all. I guess I should be happy that this is an easy fix but I just don't know how long I can go without my WOW.

No comments: