Thursday, September 22, 2005

President Beth of SOMS Student Council

I picked Beth up from the bus stop yesterday, she looked upset. I wasn’t sure if she was trying to put one over on me or if she was truly unhappy. I avoided "the" question and asked her how her day was, how much home work she had and if anything interesting happen today. She told me nothing on all counts. About halfway home she looks at me and starts laughing and tells me see can not hide it from me anymore. She won. Her class cheered when the results were read. I was so thrilled for her. Her father was wandering around in the front yard when we pulled into the driveway. He was so funny; he didn’t even let her get out of the car before he was interrogating her. He gave her a big hug. She is so happy.

Now for the hard part, today she was sent to the Deans office because there is a rumor going around school that Beth said tomorrow was a half day Friday and no one had to conform to the dress code. Poor Beth…… Not even President for a day and the rumors are already flying. Not to mention the fact that a boy approached her in the lunchroom and told her she better get the dress code dropped or else. She seems to be taking all this in stride not upset or concerned which is good. We told her she needs to sit down this weekend and outline all her ideas for the dress code and future dances. She needs to get these issues out of the way and worked out with Mrs C. before they get anymore out of hand. I hope its not already too late.

Anybody want to lay odds on how soon Fred will be back at the school defending his daughters honor?

No comments: