Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hurricane Ophelia

Hurricane Ophelia sits off our coast, I have been watching it all day. See I knew it would be a hurricane by this afternoon. Now we get to see which way it is going to go. It hasn’t rained much today but it is gloomy and drizzling a little. It just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Fingers still crossed.

Today is my only day off this week. I went to a CJIS Region 4 meeting in Orlando yesterday and it was informative and I did learn a few things. Pete our IT guy was also there and we beat him up over our DAVID Certificates and how they are constantly erased from our computer terminals. The meeting was held at the Orange County Sheriff’s office. It is a huge building and security was tight but there were plenty of people to guide us through the building. Karen, Marie and I went in the County vehicle and we made Karen drive. Marie and I claimed she had the most seniority. We had a good time. We don’t get to talk that much at work on day shift it is just too hectic and the phones are always ringing or someone always needs something. We talked all the way there, during the meeting and all the way back. I was home by 4 pm but it pretty much ruined my chance of getting too much done at home. We decided it was pizza night. Yeah!!! I was in bed by 8:30 p.m. I was wiped out. Have I mentioned I work too much?

I was up early this morning and I started playing WOW. I played until 6:45 a.m., got the girls up, I got dressed and took them to school. I played a little more until Fred got up. Fred is my husband of 15 years lucky guy. We watched a little T.V. together and talked. No kids around yeah!!!! When my son Warren came home from his morning class, he and his father took off for Vero to shop. Fred finally conned me into letting him buy a new monitor, a 19 inch flat panel that he has been drooling over for a while. He is so spoiled. Anyway they left so I played WOW until I died then swept the floor and started laundry. Then I played WOW until I died then I cleaned my room and bathroom. Then I played WOW until I died then I cleaned the Kitchen. This was basically my day until Fred and Warren came home. I think I have had my fill of WOW today but I am still doing laundry and now the kids are bothering me about what’s for dinner.

This is a typical day off for me and I wonder why I never get anything done then just basic house work. I have Microsoft Word up and running and my manuscript is there but I just have not felt like writing today maybe this evening after dinner.

Oh Shit! I forget to clean off the back patio. I let the dogs out there this afternoon and they left presents for me. And I have to get my daughter Beth to make Brownies for work tomorrow. She is selling baked goods to help pay for her band trip next year and the girls want brownies again. Maybe I won’t get any writing done tonight after all.

No comments: