Monday, September 12, 2005

I work Too Much

It was a very long weekend. I thought it would never end. I worked 12 hour shifts Friday and Saturday and a 15- hour shift yesterday. Sunday was a long day but we all brought in food and ate lunch in. I cooked a ham and Starr brought baking potatoes and we had green bean casserole and Katherine made her pumpkin dessert. I love the people I work with they are great but I was really starting to hate people in general by 9pm last night. I was so thankful when my supervisor finally kicked me out around 9:30. I was home by 10 and in bed by 11 and I can’t believe that I am already up and moving around at 6 a m. Fred’s alarm should be going off soon but right now it is nice. The house is quiet, my daughter’s rats were running around their cage but even they have settled down. I haven’t seen the dogs yet they must be still a sleep in Erin’s room. They are usually standing by the back sliding door just a soon as they see me. This is nice.

Fred and our neighbor Eric were busy Saturday. They cut down 6 of the 8 citrus trees in the yard. Fred let my keep the tangerine and the old grape fruit. The only reason he kept the grapefruit is because it holds a 500lb stag horn on it and it also blocks the view of our neighbor’s back yard from our pool. I had another stag horn on one of the dead trees but they cut that tree down and ended up dragging the stag horn to the curb as garbage. I almost had a cow but I found it a new home with Karen. Her husband came and looked at it then showed up later that evening with a trailer. H e has an oak that is big enough to hold it. It made me feel much better knowing it has a good home. The back yard looks so bare.

All the trees Fred and Eric cut down were old, dieing and/or no longer producing fruit. We plan on replacing them this spring with an oak, tangelo, key lime, peach, apple and a magnolia. Magnolia in the front yard and oak to replace bottlebrush lost in last years hurricanes. We found a nursery in Georgia that sells an apple that grows in Florida so we decided to try. I also found blackberries, raspberries and blueberries that can tolerate the heat of south Florida. I can’t wait for spring next year.

I brought my laptop to work yesterday and I was able to work on Chapter 3. I am hoping to have it completed today. The girl’s cleaned up the house yesterday so there is not too much cleaning to do around the house. I will give them extra hugs this morning. I need to get in the garage it’s a mess. I need to finish painting Erin’s dresser. I need to paint the living room. I need to do so many things. We lost our home last year to Hurricane Francis. Basically we took the insurance money a bought an older home and literally gave the other one away. I love my new home it is much bigger and has a pool. I have a pool guy and a lawn guy but I really need a maid and a handyman.

Uhg……..so much to do so little time to play WOW.

No comments: