Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Girls

Kathy 1039

It is amazing how quickly my girls have grown. They will soon be adults and I am having some issues. I believe it is called the empty nest syndrome. I cry sometimes when I think about them leaving me but I also cry during sad commercials. They will tell you I am over sensitive but actually I am just a big cry baby.

Kathy 1011

They are so different my girls so much like myself and my brother. My brother with his white blonde hair and blue eyes and me the brunette with hazels eyes.

Kathy 1021

Ellie so much like me. She is my twin in almost every way. She is so responsible, very serious, she knows everything and argues her point until you are just tired of arguing and it is easier to just walk away. She has my temper explosive and wrathful yet she is so loving and wears her heart on her sleeve for everyone to see. There is no guile about her. What you see is what you get. She is her daddy's princess.

Kathy 1008

Erin has my brothers coloring but that is where the likeness ends. Intelligence hide behind those blue eyes and be prepared for a tongue lashing if she is in ear shot of a blonde joke. She will argue that she has to work harder for her grades because no one takes her seriously. She is a goof at times and a trend setter. She can be a cool as a cucumber impossible to know what she is thinking. She is charitable, kind and giving. She is my baby.

Kathy 1045

I love them both so much it breaks my heart to think that they will soon be grown and will no longer need me. Ellie off to the Navy soon already so grown up. Even though I protest loudly her decision to go into the military, I am still so very proud of her. She is ready to begin a new chapter in her life and I know I can not hold her back. I was on my own at 17 and I remember how strongly I felt about my independence.

IMG_2569

However, Erin has a few more years before she can leave and I am kinda feeling sorry for her. I will have to smother her with all my affection and she really hates that.





No comments: