Sunday, April 04, 2010

My Feet Hurt


I am guessing we walked well over 3 miles today and my feet hurt. I have discovered over the last few days that I am seriously out of shape. In Puerto Rico I blamed my shoes. I bought a pair of walking Crocs called Trailbreaks and they are ugly but comfortable until I have to walk any distance. I have discovered muscles in my feet and ankles that I did not know about. They are also useless trapsing through the woods. Our first day in New Orleans, after bursting into tears from the leg cramps trying to walk in my Crocs. my hubby made me stop and purhace a pair of flip flops. My feet and calves felt much better but after a few hours I developed blisters between my toes.

Thankfully, I brought my old boots. I have had them for years and they have not failed me yet. My old red clay covered boots saved me. They are not exactly the prettiest pair of shoes and I can't wear them with capris or shorts but they have allowed me to walk again. Disaster averted.

No comments: