Sunday, July 06, 2008

Internet Pirates on YouTube Beware!!!!

YO HO! YO HO! A Pirates Life for Me!!!!! (Click on title for News Article)

Actually, I have never uploaded anything on YouTube but I frequently browse it's user's videos. I love the funny commercials especially the European ones.

It just amazes me how Viacom (dictator of all that's holy and sacred), continues to poor cash into fighting piracy. This is not even real piracy. You turn on your T.V. and entertainment is relatively free as long as you don't forget to pay your cable bill. T.V is nothing more than airwaves that are plucked out of the sky and reassembled on your T.V. In fact, satellite is free if you have the right equipment (equipment which is legal to buy but illegal to use very much like fireworks in Florida).

Now there is this new web site called HULU.com (t.v. on demand). It is the best thing since key lime pie in my book. So I have to watch a few commercials, I can deal with that. If Viacom is not already a part of HULU.com then they should be. And maybe they could learn to over look the few couch potatoes that get a kick out of recording T.V. for replay on YouTube. I mean come on join the real world of Tivo and 24 hour schedules. We no longer live in an 8-5 world anymore.

Viacom needs to spend there money on producing entertainment and making more money and stop worrying about the little people. This lawsuit is nothing more than another witch hunt like the RIAA'S. They spent a ton of cash suing people who had nothing????? Okay, I have to give Viacom a little more credit they are suing YouTube /Google but after they finish off YouTube and acquire all YouTube's user information (mine included), who do you think this giant is going to go after next?

No comments: