Sunday, September 09, 2007

Time flies when your having fun.

It's hard to believe that the summer is over and the kids are back in school; between work and trying to keep up with the girls have kept me busy. I have my niece Savannah driving Beth to Central and then driving herself to school at Westwood. Erin is in 7th grade and attending one of the few middle schools left in the county. She either rides the bus or I take her when I can. We have actually reached a brand new level in our life. When Warren started driving the girls where really too young to go out, now at 16, 15 and 12 they want to go all the time. They used to go and hang out at the Firehouse on Friday nights but now its football games, movies and shopping. Savannah has her D.L. and they go or at least try to go as much as we will allow them. We try to keep them home on school nights but that is even hard when they need to go to Walgreens and Walmart for supplies. Fred and I have lately spent our Friday and Saturday nights alone together. Its nice a little strange but nice. We used to complain about not having any time alone together but not anymore. It is scary to think that in just a few more years my house will be empty.

I finally finished my first book. Unfortunately it is not one of my novels. I finally finished the training manual for work. It will always be a work in progress as things change and evolve but for right now Version I/2007 is complete. I have now taking on the challenge of creating a TTY Manual but I am going to take a break. I need to work on my own manuscripts and I am thinking about getting a hotel room for the week end so I can finish the one and start on the other. Well actually Fred keeps threatening to lock me in a hotel room so I'll finish. He is so supportive.

Life is pretty much as normal as any family can possibly be. We work. We play. We relax when we can. We're healthy and happy. What more could we ask for.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

They are not that old! NO WAY! If they are that old, then Fred must be pushing 40...oh wait! He is! Love you all!