Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Robert Jordan died this week.

Posted by Picasa

Robert Jordan aka James Oliver Rigney Jr. was one of my favorite authors. He was the creator of the Wheel of Time Series that I have been reading since my son was a toddler. Not only was he the author of some of my favorite adventures, but he also lived in my favorite city of Charleston S.C. I was so upset when I found out of his passing people in my office stopped to ask me what was wrong. I feel silly for being so upset but Randy Al Thor, Egwene, Perrin and Matt have shared their lives and adventures with me for all of my adult life. My favorite WOW character Falchion is based on the WOT character Faile. I introduced my son to the series when he was a teenager and is just as big a fan if not more.

And alas, the final and thirteenth book has yet to be written. Rumor is Mr. Rigney told the final tail to his loved ones and it is hoped that in time they will share the final outcome of Rand's life. I would love to know the ending but even if it is never revealed I want to thank Robert Jordan/James Rigney for a wonderful tale. He was such an awesome story teller and I will miss him.
Photo by Liza Trombi

No comments: