Tuesday, December 19, 2006

6 days until Christmas

 
Posted by Picasa


The final days of Christmas are upon us and my children are counting down the hours. I have finished my Christmas cards and they are all in the mail. I have not wrapped one present but I hope to have that chore accomplished by tomorrow. I still don’t feel rushed and that is a good thing I think.

This year I have to work Christmas night and Fred works Christmas morning so we will open gifts some where in between. The girls and I will be cooking this weekend. I am hoping to make Banana Bread, cookies, and I have 6 Cornish game hens in the freezer waiting for Christmas Dinner. I usually leave the fancy cooking to the chefs in my house but since I am a pretty fair cook I thought I might give it a whirl.

I have another meeting this morning; these damn get togethers are driving me nuts. Although they let a few people share their dissatisfaction with the center nothing ever truly gets accomplished. I personally have had enough of making suggestions and trying to “improve” a broken system. No mater how much I complain about dispatching errors and officer safety, they seem to fall on deaf ears not only from my peers but also the supervision. They always agree that SOP should be followed but no one enforces it and if I try to enforce I usually get attitude so much for authority and seniority. Of course just because you have been given a title dose not necessarily mean anything as I have discovered recently.

I guess I have ranted enough this morning. I need to shop some more this afternoon, my girls are going to a Christmas party tonight and we still need to look for a gift for the host.

No comments: