Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NWS Melbourne, Florida

Yesterday I went with several co-workers to Melbourne for a quick tour of the Weather Center. It was interesting enough but although I love a good thunder storm and it always gets my adrenaline going the NWS in Melbourne did the opposite. I tried so hard to stay awake but I worked 12 hours prior to our little field trip. Just as soon as I sat down and became comfortable, my eyes would begin to close. I was a little embarrassed but I will survive. Check out the weather web site it is pretty cool.

The rest of the trip was nice. I heard a little office gossip and spent time with co-workers I haven’t seen in a while. Napped on the way back home and arrived back at the center with just enough time to pick up Beth from school.

We are gearing up for Thanksgiving. I have to work but my husband and daughters are so eager to cook Thursday they volunteered to cater Thanksgiving dinner at 911. We are all excited.

Menu:
Brined Baked Turkey
Sweet Spiral Ham
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Green Beans
Macaroni & Cheese
Gravy
Bread
Sweet Potatoes Pie
Snicker Pie
Banoffe Pie

No comments: