Monday, February 15, 2016

Finding Myself - A Poem.

Finding Myself.

Like well-worn armor, I clung to blame, bitterness and the unfairness
of it all.
I was a victim, a martyr. I was crazy.
My soul corrupt.
My heart a den of misery.
In the depth of darkness and a living nightmare, drowning under the
weight of grief and despair, I threw off the armor.
I let go; I stopped fighting.
I floated in the swirling currents and I survived.
I let down my walls and let myself out of my self-imposed prison.
I forgave myself.
I forgave my tormentors.
I am my greatest enemy and my worst critic.
I am the one who chooses to be wretched and bitter.
I allowed negativity to stay and maligned all that I loved.
I am lucky that from misery I found myself again.
I opened myself up to love and happiness
And it is appreciation and grace that now guides my heart.
It is happiness and joy that now lights my way!

Love is my faith; It is my new religion!

By Kathy Pate



No comments: