Sunday, May 31, 2009

Areogarden - Day 14

Today, I decided to make the leap from aerogarden to aquaponics.

Aquaponics_0767

Using an old styrofoam cooler I traced a pattern using the medium cups.

Aquaponics_0769


In hind site, I should have left the lid in tact and floated it on the aquarium. I ended up having to use tooth picks to add a bit more buoyancy to my float.

Aquaponics_0772

I found a local hydroponics store in Vero and purchased the medium cups and the clay balls I needed.

Aquaponics_0773

Now to transplant these poor buggers.

Aquaponics_0775

Almost done.

Aquaponics_0777

Ready to float my raft.

Aquaponics_0780

TA DA!

Aquaponics_0782

View from below. Fishies seem to like it. The plants are sitting a little low in the water so again I used tooth picks to pull them up out of the water a bit.

Aquaponics_0783

For light I am using my hubby's photography light set using a regular light bulb.

Now we wait and see...... Next installment Aquaponics Project.

No comments: