Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Busy Day

I know I promised more pictures today and I know its getting late. I finally managed to upload on Flickr and I am trying to finish uploading on Youtube but the internet is so slow today.

I spent all morning standing in the rain in front Isolla Bella off 25th st. Our friends are on vacation out of state and their house flooded. There was at least 3 feet of water inside the house. My brave family had to wade in chest deep water to get to the house.

T.S. Fay_0644

They recovered a lot of property but only managed to find one of their cats.

T.S. Fay_0636

The media was every where. CNN showed up and took an air boat through the worst hit areas off Bell Ave.

T.S. Fay_0633

Ellie and I tried to stay out of their way. Al though I was a little disappointed they did not capture Erin carrying a cat through waist deep water. I was lazy and only caught her walking up through the cars. My brave baby was drenched but happy she found at least one of the cats.

For all Ellie's friends, here is your school. It looks wet but seems okay even if it was built near a swamp.

T.S. Fay_0628

I got the call a little while ago, our EOC was activated. A state of emergency has been issued. There is the threat of 6 more inches of rain over night and tomorrow. Which means more houses will flood and more people will be displaced. It is going to be a long week.

TSFaye_0599

I hope the EOC parking lot is not so flooded tomorrow.

P.S. See my Youtube for videos.... There lame but who cares. Just Click on the Title Busy Day. For some reason 5 of 5 wont upload so I will try again later.

Can you believe it is still raining!

No comments: