Monday, May 14, 2007

Fort Lauderdale


I am here at the Fort Lauderdale Grand Hotel attending The Governor’s Hurricane Conference at the Broward County Convention until Friday morning. My last class is at 10:30 am. My first workshop is a 2 day class in Basic Public Information. It has been pretty interesting and it is based around journalism which I do have an interest but being a PIO is not anything I care to do. Sure I could probable write a fairly adequate press release and I have given a few interviews in my time but apparently being a good PIO involves having to appear on T.V. from time to time and I am not into that. The camera always puts 50lbs on me if not more. I also have homework tonight. I have to write a press release on a car accident or a fire o something like that????? But I plan on waiting until later at least until after dinner to sit down and tackle that. I was thinking about pulling up a few real press releases and model mine after the best one I can find.
Like my room? It’s great. I have a king size bed all to myself with a balcony that faces out onto the docks. There is a nice breeze and if you don’t look down at the garbage floating in the water it is actually a nice view. I ended up having to pay for a weeks worth of internet at the tune of $45. That hurt a little. I will be eating out more often at the fast food joints but I will live. Today we had Taco Bell but tonight we plan on splurging at Moe’s. Pat my co-worker who is al attending says it’s pretty good and cheap just the way I like it.

No comments: