Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Just Another Day

Back at work again. I have so little time at home for my family and just relaxing I find it hard to do to much of anything else. Tonight I am working what we call a "specail detail". However I have found I have spare time and not too much else to do. Tommorrow I actually have a day off but I have to drive my mother to Lake Worth for a doctors appointment and I have to finish my tax return. I thought all I had to do was get all my papers organinzed but I was going over my 1040 and it's not right. I have a dreadful feeling when I go back and try to fix my mistake I will go from getting back money to owing. I hate owing money to the IRS I really do.

Next month I might get lucky and not have to work as much or I should say there will not be as much overtime to work. The schedule is not out yet but there are 5 other people on my shift that need overtime and I have to share I am not the only one with a mortgage and rising escrow accounts. Everyone I know is getting hit hard by out of control insurance and property taxes. The only bright spot at this moment is I get a raise the first of April. The will either help a little or throw me into the next tax bracket. With my luck her lately I am betting on the next tax bracket. Fred has been working without a contract since October. The PBA finalized the contract two weeks ago and it was suppose to go up in front of the commissioners Monday. I think they did everything but that. Fred is looking at an 8% increase which will help.

I remember not to long ago (before my escrow almost doubled) planning on purchasing a used R.V and researching a summer trip across Route 66. Now I dont think we will be able to afford more than a few weekends trips if that. It will be another long summer spent at home trying to make ends meet and playing the lottery. I am so thankful we have a pool.

I started a small garden last month and I actually have tomatoes growing. I planted 2 Jalopeno bushes and a rosemary bush. I hope to plant more jalopenos and herbs my next weekend off. Downside is I have discovered tomatoe worms. They are yucky. They just eat the leaves so the fruit is still good but I jhave got to get rid of them before they spread. I figure if I dont kill what I already have planted I might branch out to salad greens. I can grow those all year long.....


Until next time.....

No comments: