Sunday, January 08, 2006

Somebody turn up the heat it's cold.

Oh my God I have lived in Florida too long, It went down into the low 30's last night and I was freezing. This morning my loving husband made me get out of a warm bed to take the dogs out. He was running late for work again. I am not happy so I slam the bedroom door on my way out and do not take the time to look for my shoes. So here I am angry dressed in my p.j.s and my robe standing outside on my back patio barefooted watching my dogs run around pissing all over everything. They are in their element they have on fur coats and for some reason frozen grass smells better than the regular thawed out kind. My dogs take much longer this morning then they usually do, I can finally stand it no more my feet are starting to hurt so I make them come back in. I told my husband I had frostbite but I don't think he believed me. Anyway, it's cold outside.

Last night wasn't to bad we went to Piers' house for a Baby Party for Roxanne. She is a co-worker and friend and eight month's pregnant. She is so big she looks like she is carrying twins. Just for quick reference A baby party is just like a shower except everybody is invited and alcohol is served. The children get to drink apple cider and virgin jello shots are also provided. My friend Julie showed my daughters the technique for getting the jello out of the container without having to squeeze it. They both thought it was gross and just squeezed it out of their cups. Pier had a firepit in the back yard and I spent much of my time outside. It was very nice. It was chilly but the fire kept me mostly warm and toasty. A good time was had by all but we had to leave around 10pm because Fred had to work in the morning.

Just a quick update on Beth and her busing situation. Fred smoothed everything over and she is back on the bus.

No comments: