Friday, January 13, 2006

I really thought my life was normal but I could be wrong

Oh my god, the stuff that goes on in this town is amazing sometimes. I could write a book really I could. This week has been unsettling.

Tuesday I received a call at work from a young man in La Jolla, Cal. He works for Myspace.com, apparently there was a subject bragging about assaulting a law enforcement in our county on one of their forums. I had not heard anything so I called FHP to see what they had. The other operator informed me that this weekend a trooper was assaulted during a traffic stop and they did not yet have the subject in custody so I referred him to FHP. Not ten minutes later FHP was calling back trying to get the call back number. I gave her what information I had and waited to hear back from her. I heard from Stuart PD my friend I'll call him Tom started his search there. Well curiosity got the best of me and I called him back after about an hour. He was having problems emailing the information to FHP so I told him to just give me what link he had and then I would walk FHP through. In less than 5 minutes I was on the site trying to read "Gangsta ryda's" forum. Oh my god what an idiot. I called FHP walked her through it is now there investigation. I kinda kick myself in the butt a little I did not think to ask for the IP address subject was using. It is pretty easy to track an IP address to the credit card user. As far as I know there has been no arrest but I keep reading the news paper for any news and will update.

On the more upsetting side, we had an arrest in our extended family. I was floored when a friend of mine called me at work to let me know. My niece's step father was arrested for sexual battery on a handicapped minor. The charges sound awful and to read the paper he sounds like the scum of the earth. However I know this man and I have a hard time believing the charges. I just don't feel it in my heart. Considering my own history I would hope that I could see that type of person from a mile away, I have never felt this from him. Savannah loves this man with all her heart and spends most of her weekends with him. She is a trooper though she will do everything she can to prove her father innocent if she can. Several people I have spoken to believe the father is the one that is pushing the teen to make this claim after the mother moved in with Bobby two weeks ago. Some are calling it a triangle but others closer to the situation said it was Bobby being nothing but generous. She was having problems and needed a place to stay so he let her stay with him. They were suppose to be just friends. The teen victim spent alot of time at the house.

This incident is tragic in so many ways. I was surprised at the support Bobby has gotten from his friends and family so many have stepped up and vouched for his character. I believe he is a good and caring person but I don't know him well enough to step up but I am here to support my niece and I will stand by her for as long as this takes. So many times I have read stories so similar to this but I have never seen so much support from family and friends for the suspect. I am amazed and makes me think there is a lot more to the story than what the press has presented. This will be another on going story.

Well I'm at work and I need to go I just took a suicide attempt and they are flying him out by helicopter to the nearest trama unit. I ve been here a hour and its already started. By the way did anyone notice it was a full moon and it's Friday the 13th.............

No comments: