Saturday, July 13, 2013

Todd the Rooster



This is our first adventure with chickens. We purchased 5 pullets or so we thought. My daughter did an excellent job naming Todd. Todd was the largest hen in our little brood who we recently discovered is in fact a rooster. 



Todd the rooster started crowing this morning. It was pretty pathetic but he was trying so i whipped out my handy dandy smart phone to capture the moment on video only to discover that I have no more memory. A moment lost as poor Todd has settled down for the day. I am hoping I might get lucky and he will crow this afternoon because tonight he will be dinner. We live in a residential area and I am sure my neighbors would not appreciate crowing in the wee hours of the night and early in the morning.



I am going to miss Todd he was a pretty little thing but the rule when we started this experiment was that any bird that didn't lay eggs went in the freezer. Man I am not looking forward to this...............    










No comments: