Friday, September 04, 2009

President Obama's Speech Sept. 8 2009

Read article Attached.......

I am a little puzzled by all the hoopla on this one. As far as our president giving a speech to our school children and encouraging them to work harder and succeed as adults, I am all for it. President Bush did something similar years ago along with Mrs. Bush to encourage education and reading. I remember this and was all for it. Children need this type of encouragement and I am sure Pres. Obama will do just as good a job if not better. He has two children and he understands the worries and responsibility of raising children in our world today. However, not all children have the luxury of two parents and those children need someone to look up to. They need a role model and I see nothing wrong with looking up to our President as a model of what a good education can accomplish.

I am a little puzzled by the reaction of some of the members of the Republican party. Being a registered republican and not always agreeing with our President's policies, I am very confused by all the doom and warnings of a presidential brainwashing. I know there are some shady propaganda programs being pushed by some pro-Obama groups but I have to tip my hat to there ingenuity and thinking outside the box to push there agenda. Is it illegal? I don't think so. Are they using public funds to push this propaganda? Possibly but until I see proof I will with hold my opinion.

Personally, as a registered republican my party needs to make me happy by finding cures to improve the government mismanagement. Unfortunately mismanagement needs to start at home with our local governments and at the top at the federal level. We can't keep throwing money at a problem and expect it to work unless of course it is education. If the government wants to throw money at our children and young adults to better their education. Go for it. In the mean time I wait anxiously for Sept 8 for our Presidents speech.

No comments: