Saturday, July 18, 2009

City lays off 8 police officers.

I am stunned I am having a really hard time understanding the logic behind this.
I have watched my husband train some very promising young people. It is breaking my heart that the City I live in has betrayed these young people and fired them before their careers have barely begun.

I googled "laid off police officers" and I am shocked by how rampant this has become. Our society has sunken so low that we are now getting rid of our first line offense. Our first responders are becoming the first to go.

I have been scanning reads comments when I saw this comment "911 is next."

How close are we to listening to 911 phones lines ring unanswered and when the line is finally picked up then who is going to respond?

I know it is not that bad yet but think about it. What if our economy doesn't improve. Whats next?

No comments: