Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Orchids.

 


When we moved into our home more than several years ago, we inherited a house with assorted fruit trees and hanging plants. Due to the age of the trees and a Hurricane, we have lost all our fruit trees. The last of the hanging orchids were gathered and stuck in a corner after our tangerine tree was cut down and hauled away last year. We have no more trees in our back yard to hang them on and somehow they have survived with no help from me.

 


I have nothing but good intentions. The poor things have run amok and there roots are plastered to the sides of their containers.

 


Dead branches from years of old blooms.

 


I gathered my supplies and dig in.

Filler_1047

Who needs dirt when you can use wood chips and little styrofoam balls

Planting & Technology_1052

I pulled out my little OneNote so I could follow the replanting instructions to the letter..... Okay maybe not to the letter but the instructions were helpful.

Wild Orchids_1055

Eventually I gave up the fight of trying to peel the Orchid gone wild from its plastic home and just hung it back up on the tree. It may live longer than the ones I transplanted.

Pretty Door way Orchid_1059

Here is one of the poor Orchids I transplanted...... Please pray it lives.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: