Thursday, February 21, 2008

Audio Books

Unfortunately, I have computer issues. I have a serious addiction. I can't stay away from this box. It has kidnapped me almost completely. I am totally and completely hooked on electronics. I have still resisted the call of the IPOD but I can hear it calling me in the distance. It is the natural progression to my latest obsession. My eyes are not so good anymore and I don't read as I used to. I miss it. I have purchase a few books on CD and I like being able to listen to a story as I still surf the internet, play games or work (yuk). However, I like free and have discovered Librivox.org. I can listen to all the classics my heart desires. I am currently listening to Pride and Prejudice. There is a wonderful list of free titles including the Bible. Unfortunately, I am still stuck to the computer and so I see an MP3 player in my future. I would prefer an Aesus EEE but I have to wait for my birthday if I get it at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Audio books are here to stay . I am in love with them . Not only its interesting to hear voices , you can enjoy them while moving. I hear audio books all the time in my car . One of my friend is so crazy about audio books . He takes long routes to get back to his home . You can find some cheaper audio book library online .