Saturday, October 13, 2007

Google "DANIEL GILROY FORT PIERCE"

And you wont find anything new today. It looks like "that" train has left the station. I'm not saying there wont be more fallout in the future because every media slut with an opinion has been in contact with local law enforcement and the 15 yoa's family. I heard Dr. Phil was even looking for some action. "Dog the Bounty Hunter" the convicted felony had a few choice words himself. I added the article from our Hometown News. This next week I am sure "shocking" details of the incident will be played over and over again but from what I have read the "majority" feel the officer was justified.

I am upset that so many people who know nothing about our town feel the need to label this a race issue. Race has nothing to do with this. Our last police chief was black and he did less for this community than the current chief has done in the few months he has held the position. He works with city leaders and is dedicated to saving our youth and keeping gangs off our streets. Our city is safer now than what it was just mere months ago. This is due to Chief Baldwin's commitment to his community. Anyone who states otherwise obviously does not know him. Officer Gilroy, who can be a headache at times for dispatcher's, was not out prowling for little black girls to harass. Her grandmother threw her out of the house because she was "being hard headed". A citizen called in a report of a suspicious person. He was doing his job and not only trying to protect himself but also tried to protect the 15 yoa from getting hurt. Ms. Riley was the one who controlled the events that happened not the officer.

I am sick of hearing about how a mere wisp of a girl can cause such a problem for such a big guy. It happens. At 7 years old at a mere 65 pounds if not less I fought off six nurse who were trying to give me a shot after surgery and vomiting from the effects of anesthesia. I held my own for a good minute or two. When I met my husband I was not too much more that 130 pounds but I could wrestle with him, get away from him and take him down if I needed to. You could not keep me down for long. I too bit, kicked and squirmed to get away. He might have been 6'5 and over 200 lbs but if I did not want to be confined there was no way he was going to win or keep me down. So don't try to tell me this "baby" was to small to be treated with excessive force. I know better.

I don't want to hear from the Al Sharpton's of the world who obviously don't have a clue. What I really want to hear is why this girl was out so late. Why did her grandmother kick her out? Why did the child, who obviously thinks she is grown, act this way? Who taught her respect for the law? Who taught her anything of value while we are on the issue? A black male posted that white people don't understand because we live in our "Leave it to Beaver" world. All I really got out of this was if obeying the law and trying to build a safe and secure home for my children is the "Leave it to Beaver" world then I guess I am guilty. But, crossing all boundaries of race and color is'nt that what we all want. Is'nt that the ultimate goal for most to be safe and secure in our own little castle and provide the best for our families? A part of feeling safe in our home is to also feel safe in our communities. Children running around in the streets is not acceptable and the city of Fort Pierce is enforcing the curfew that has been in effect for several years now. It is a law enforcement tool that works and needs to keep working.

No comments: