Sunday, August 21, 2005

My First Blog Entry

I have avoided this all day. I don’t know why but I have. I have cleaned the house, the patio, and started the laundry. Beth is cooking so I don’t have that excuse. I started to play WOW (my current online game addiction) but I closed it down and finally resigned myself to the fact that I need to get this going.

I have always considered myself a decent author however I have yet to finish anything I have started unless it involved getting a good grade. School was a long time ago and even though I keep telling myself I am going to finish my degree I always seem to find something else to do. Work or cleaning the house or just needing extra sleep is just a few of the barriers that always seem to get in my way. However last night after working 6 hours of over time at a job that no longer makes me happy I have decided to sit down and finish one of my stories "Typical Florida Sunshine". It is a romance story in a nut shell. It’s about divorce, misunderstanding and then forgiveness. It’s not the greatest idea I have ever had or the best story I've ever written but I need to finish it.

I have set up my desk. I unfolded my old antique table and set it up in my empty living room. (I still can’t afford new furniture and I am taking donations) I put it in front of the window and I have a great view of the neighborhood. I moved my laptop to its new location from its previous spot on the kitchen counter. I am now away from the children and the T.V. but close enough to hear what is going on. I placed the beautiful roses my husband bought me Friday after another crisis my extended family seems to create. This one involved our travel trailer. Anyway, I have my root beer and my fan a comfortable chair and no reason not to write.

I decided on starting a blog to chronicle my journey from 911 operator to Author. I use to keep a journal when I was young and I never had any problems with anyone reading it so I thought a blog is away to start that tradition again. Besides, I like my sister-in-laws blog site and she is making new friends from all over and I hope to not only make a few new friends who may be making the same journey but also get some support. I should just join procrastinators anonymous but gas is just too expensive to leave home for anything other than work or food. (Good one!)

I am going to reread my story after I check my first blog entry for mistakes and add a few more paragraphs maybe even a chapter to my story. Wish me luck.

No comments: